Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Shout out to Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman & Kevin Spacey

Quick History Lesson for NEW Tubby listeners:
Between 2002-2007, i put out a series of mixtapes called "Philmatic" (the title comes from Phil Tubbs, which is one of my nicknames/aliases, which ultimately evolved into the name Tubby + Illmatic, a classic album that if you don't know what that is, then i'ma have to ask you to leave my blogsite). The Philmatic mixtape series (1-6) helped build my buzz in the local Alaskan hip hop community as well as The Hellrazors (my group) & Shorty Roc (who rode shotgun with me throughout the Philmatic tapes) & my DJ, 50/50.

Around 2007, I began recording the 7th & final installment of The Philmatic Mixtape series (Philmatic 7), but after only recording a few songs, I got distracted by side projects ("The Greatest Rapper in Alaska pt.1", "The Deadly Alliance" thing, "The Razor's Edge" album that never dropped, among others) and eventually just ended up losing all desire to continue the series...

However I was going through some old songs that were never released and I fell upon what would have been the intro to Philmatic 7. I recorded this song, i wanna say, sometime in 2007 (possibly earlier), and since i never finished the project, the song just sat in my hard drive for years, until now....

The theme to Philmatic 7 was going to revolve around the #7 (My favorite number by the way, not like you give a fuck but...). I was intending on only recording 7 tracks (i think i only recorded 4 songs for it, 2 of which ended up on "Allow Me To Re-Introduce Myself") and even had planned on placing movie bytes from the movie "Se7en" (which is one of my favorite movies btw, not like you give a fuck buuuut...) but like i said, i got sidetracked with other projects and now with the GRIA series making waves, along with other projects I got lined up ("Dreams & Nightmares", "Deadly Alliance", "Mission From God LP", "GRIA3", etc) i just don't have any desire to continue the Philmatic thing anymore....But i figured i'd atleast pull out this lil doobie from the vaults for yall to hear.

The song is called "Se7en" and it's about...you guessed it, the number 7 (what an exciting song concept huh? *Fart*)

It's just an intro, but I liked the song & wanted to give you a lil behind the scenes insight as to what could've been, but probably never will...So, ladies & gentlemen, i give you, the intro to the project that you will never get to hear: "Se7en"

...and yes, i said "GRIA 3"! ;)

CLICK_HERE_TO_DOWNLOAD_SE7EN
(Or log on to www.907hiphop.com for streaming audio)

No comments:

Post a Comment