Thursday, February 14, 2013

Steve Jobs was no punk.


So for those who don't know, Ashton Kutcher is playing Steve Jobs in the upcoming bio pic about Apple's founder and possibly one of the most innovative minds of our time. I'm very excited to see this film. In an interview with Esquire magazine, Ashton speaks on playing Jobs and I found this lil piece aspiring and enlightening. Thought I'd share....

On playing Steve Jobs: “Jobs was an extraordinary guy, but a very ordinary guy in many ways. There was a speech that I found where he said, ‘So when you grow up, if you spend your life trying not to bounce into walls, just inheriting what you get, you gotta know your life can be a lot broader than that. Once you realize one simple thing: Everything around you that you call life was made by people who are no smarter than you. And you can change it. You can influence it. You can build your own things that other people can use.’ And I heard that and I knew exactly what the niche for making that movie was, what the social need for making the movie was. For people seeking purpose. I remember growing up and looking at the world and going, Okay, how do I live in this? Instead of How do I create it? How do I build it? How do I make something? And the empowerment of these ideas, I think they make an important story.”

No comments:

Post a Comment