Friday, February 2, 2018

the room.


recorded episode 38 right here...

my family is finally leaving Alaska for the first time since I was born. I've been in this one, same, modest house as far back as my toasted memory allows me to, and within the next few months, I will be the only one in my immediate family of 4 (my brother is moving to Seattle as well as my folks) still living in Alaska. That's so weird to me.

So, I returned home to savor a few more moments in this house. I started blogging, fresh out of high school in this very room. Getting on hip hop chat forums when the internet first became a household thing (i know, I'm old as balls. Fuck off) in this same room. I saw the "Still D.R.E" video for the first time in this room, before school. Unforgettable moment for me, ha... A lot of firsts in this room. Crazy.

As you get older, you begin (without even trying to) to appreciate things you took for granted or never even thought about as a youth. It's funny how that happens.

Take the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment