Tuesday, March 15, 2011

James Storlie has checked into rehab.

James Storlie (AKA Tubby AKA Me) has checked into rehab.

Well, not necessarily rehab as in a 12 step program somewhere in Palm Springs in an awesome living facility surrounded by counselors & nurses tellin me I have so much more living to do, more so a 6-8 week hitch on the top of Alaska in a place called Prudhoe Bay (AKA The North Slope) in a man camp surrounded by dirty old men, a few native ladies and a few young pipeliners such as myself. (For those who didn't know, I DO have a real legitimate job. Rapping, Blogging & Bingo does not pay the bills let alone fund this somewhat expensive lifestyle & rap habit of mine. Yeah kids, The Tubbster is a tax paying man who has a real job. Sorry if I let you down just now)

For the last several years, this has been my life. I work up north, make some $$$ then take a few months off and live my lil dream life. When the money gets low, back up I go... and repeat. It's nice. I like it up here. I get to get away from my fast pace life, and all the craziness that comes with it (Hence, why I call it...rehab.) and make some money while doing so. So for the next 6-8 weeks (give or take) I will make some perrrrrrty good money, i'll get to clear my mind, get my fat ass back on the treadmill I've been neglecting for the last month or so, write some new music, blog (yes, obviously by you reading this, it should be apparent that i do have internet access) and prepare for what will be, what I like to call "The Summer of Tubby" (a new album, "Even When I Lie", a promo tour, as yet to be named, and numerous video/musical projects to be filmed/recorded/produced upon my return). Expect a new song "Power" to be released on 4/1/11, followed by another song with 2 long time friends of mine, shortly after. Oh yeah, and a new podcast is on the way (Still editing). Now if you'll excuse me. I'ma get on the treadmill and dream about drugs, and Taco Bell. Speak (blog) to you soon. :)

Photobucket
"Power" (Produced by Cairo) 4/1/11
"Even When I Lie..." (New EP) June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment