Thursday, January 6, 2011

"It's the end of the world as we know it..." (c) R.E.M


Ok, so i've heard about Lil B before (when he said he was going to fuck Kanye in the asshole several months back) but didn't really know anything else about him (I knew he was down with The Pack, another group i don't know about or give a shit about for that matter) but then i start seein his name pop up everywhere, still didn't really give a fuck about him, thought he was some bi-curious kid talkin crazy to generate attention, then i see Complex placed him in there Top 25 Most Anticipated Albums of 2011 list (And they place him surprisingly high, #13, above respected artists such as Nas, Ghostface, Raekwon, Kid Cudi, Lady Gaga, Saigon and others). ABSURD! And then today i see this video so i'm thinkin fuck it, i'm eatin a turkey sammich, not really doin shit, i'll give it a gander, and i gotta say, the dude is kiiiiinda (lemme repeat, KINDA) interesting, silly, doesn't take himself too seriously (i like that) and even though his music (i've only heard the snippets on the video) sounds like parodies, not even legitimate songs, i see alot of similarities between myself & him. I don't know much about this Based God (Based God makes me think of a guy in a cheap hotel heating up coke on a sheet of tin foil) & can honestly say i don't see myself bumpin his music, ever. But, he's definitely got my attention. Maybe not musically, but he's got it none the less, and so in that sense, i guess this jackass might actually know what he's doing... I blame the turkey sammich.

I can't believe i just posted a lengthy blog on a young wack rapper named Lil B. I think my mother is right, the world is really coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment