Friday, September 30, 2011

It was all a dream...

Photobucket

13 years... 13 years into this local rap shit and another (i honestly don't even know what # this one is, I'm thinking 15) CD is done. Funny to think I'm still doing this. Writing & recording songs, even if only for myself. I love this. I mean like I truly love this shit. When I was young I had dreams of fame & fortune, bitches & money, fireworks and bright lights. I thought that was the ultimate goal, the end game. Over the years, I've accomplished recognition amongst my peers and my community, I've made a few bucks (luckily, God blessed me with opportunities to make money so that I didn't HAVE to have financial gain as my reasoning & main motivation for making my music). I've had my share of women, and the fireworks & bright lights.... that came as well (how do you think I attracted the women? with my looks!? Ha!).

I'm happy. 13 years later, I know who I am, as a person and as an artist, and I can honestly say I'm happy. I'm living a dream that I never imagined, and I'm doing it on my own terms, and in my own way. I'm so glad to say... I'm finally happy.

This album is reflection of my life at this moment in time. Dark, Fast, Beautiful, and most importantly, TRULY ME. Long gone are the days of making music that I THOUGHT was cool (the bloody, violent, horror-core rap that a young James Storlie thought was the only way a white boy could do this shit in a pre-Eminem rap world). My life now, as a 30 year old kid (i say kid, cuz I'm still the same childish boy I always have been, and hope to always remain) is an interesting one. If you know me, and know about my lifestyle, you know what I mean. I live my life to the absolute fullest (sometimes at my own peril) and this album represents that. The drugs, the drinks, the women, the laughs, the highs, as well as the lows. This is my life in music form. This is me, for better or for worse. The title is called Even When I Lie, but I can assure you, this is based on a true story. Welcome to The Tubby Show. Enjoy.

Thank you to everyone who downloads my music, who reads my blogs, who laughs at my stupid jokes, and who supports me doing what I love. I truly am more appreciative than you will ever truly know.

~ James.


No comments:

Post a Comment